The event is on Thursday 3rd May at the Paley Center for Media, New York - MEF members can save 30% on admittance by contacting us for your exclusive discount code.
Activate will ask how business, government, education and society can use openness and digital to their advantage, bringing together experts, innovators and thought leaders to start answering these questions. They'll be examining the influence of web technologies on areas as diverse as global media and finance, the environment, citizenship and access, democracy, government and accountability, education, the developing world, society, health and humanity.
Speakers already confirmed include:
- Yochai Benkler, professor of Entrepreneurial Legal Studies, Harvard and faculty co-director of Berkahm Center for Internet and Society
- Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief, The Huffington Post
- Jeff Jarvis, associate professor and director of the interactive journalism program, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Wadah Khanfar, co-founder, The Sharq Forum and former director general, Al Jazeera Network
- Nancy Lublin CEO, Do Something
- Om Malik, founder, GigaOM Network
- Justin Osofsky, Director, Platform Partnerships, Facebook
- Eli Pariser, President, MoveOn.org, and author, The Filter Bubble
- Jonah Peretti, Founder and CEO of BuzzFeed
- Alan Rusbridger, Editor-in-chief, Guardian News & Media
- Adam Sharp, Senior manager, government, news and social innovation, Twitter
- Clay Shirky, professor, Interactive Telecommunications Program, NYU
- Alfred Spector, Vice president of research and special initiatives, Google
You can check out highlights from last year's event on the Guardian website.